Thursday 4 September 2014

Recipe: Watergate Salad

Today I thought I would share a family favorite recipe that I grew up with and now we enjoy in my family. It is a simple dish that is easy to make with young children and that they enjoy. In fact, my daughter has now taken over preparing this dish any time we have a family gathering or need to take a dish to a pot luck.

Watergate Salad


1 small package of instant pistachio pudding mix
1 can (15 or 20oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 tub (9oz) thawed frozen whipped topping
1 cup miniature marshmallows
optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts 
optional: 1/2 cup marachino cherries

Mix pudding with pineapple, stir in remaining ingredients. Chill until serving. 


Alex mixing the Watergate for Thanksgiving dinner.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome responses and questions.