If you have friends with young children, one really fun thing I did was to participate in an activity bag swap. Twelve is a good number to have in such a swap. Each person picks an activity and creates 12 bags of the same activity. The host then collects all the bags from everyone and swaps it out so everyone gets back 12 different bags (their own plus 11 different ones). I did mine through the mail, but it would be even easier to put something together with a group of local friends.
Below I have listed some of my favorite resources as well as a couple new finds that look great! I am now babysitting a sweet two-year-old. Since we have just started back our school year, I need to come up with some more activities to keep him occupied during our learning time.
- Tot School - lots of ideas for creating tot time activities
- The Toddler's Busy Book - games and activities for children ages 1-1/2 to 3
- The Preschooler's Busy Book - games and activities for children ages 3-6
- Trish Kuffner is the author of the above books and has quite a few more.
- The original Activity Bag - they have lots of different books you can purchase. Each comes with how to put together the bags include printable instructions. They even offer a free coordinator ebook for anyone who plans to put together a swap.
- A huge Pinterest board of ideas
- Walking By the Way - a great blog with lots of ideas listed