Tuesday 29 July 2014

Mom Time

Being a mom is a very important job. The most important job we have once we have children. It takes a lot of time and energy and attention. And every moment is worth it. I love being with my kids and it always makes me sad to hear parents sorry when school comes to and end and rejoicing when summer vacation is over. For me, it is just the opposite. I miss my kids a lot when they are gone on  trips or in classes.

But, that is not to say that moms don't need some time for what what a good friend of ours calls "Self Care". It is good to get time to refresh, step back and renew. Sometimes that is a solitary time. Sometimes it is with adult friends.

When my kids were young, I wasn't able to get away very often. But now, as my children are older, I can step away and get "Mom Time" a little more often. Once a month, I go to lunch with a group of friends. It's a nice time of fellowship, support, encouragement and refreshment in our very busy mom lives.

Maybe you don't have the time or resources to do a lunch club. Maybe that's not your cup of tea. But, there may be something you do enjoy or can do that would give you a time of refreshment and encouragement. Moms need friends too! Maybe you can take a walk with a neighbor after supper, meet for coffee or Bible Study on a Saturday morning, grab a phone call during nap or even just chat on the bench at the park. Maybe your friends will gather across the miles on an email list or facebook group as those of us on this blog do.

Dear Daughter, I hope you will find some special friends to walk this seaason of life with. Whereever and however you gather, I hope it is a time of building up and refreshment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome responses and questions.